Required forms for ALL NEW STUDENTS:
- School Entrance Health Form / Certificate of Immunization / Physical Examination (completed by the child’s physician)
- Please review the minimum immunization requirements for the state of Virginia
- Immunization waiver, if applicable
- Medication authorization form, if applicable
- Part A provides authorization for discretionary administration of over-the-counter medication. This is intended ONLY for non-illness-related headache, seasonal allergies, or injury. GSS policy states that any child requiring OTC medication to control symptoms of an illness should remain home until (s)he is recovered. It is the parents’ responsibility to provide a supply of the authorized OTC medication(s) to the school office, labeled with the child’s name. All medications will be administered exclusively by a medically certified staff member. Providing consent is optional; simply do not complete the form if you do not wish your child to receive OTC medication at any time.
- Part B provides authorization for long-term administration of prescription medication, if applicable. This section must be signed by your child’s physician. Again, all medications will be administered exclusively by a medically certified staff member.
- Transportation authorization form, to allow your child(ren) to be released to any adult other than his parents. [Note: You may include all your students‘ names on one form.]
- Photograph/Video release form [Note: You may include all your students‘ names on one form.]
- Updated family/emergency contact information, if there have been any changes since you submitted your online application for the current school year. These changes should be sent to our Registrar, Theresa Schlenz at email@example.com.
For NEW Primary students, all the above forms are required, plus these two important additions:
- Child’s ORIGINAL birth certificate (to be viewed in person) and a copy for GSS to retain (contact Theresa Schlenz to schedule)
- DDS Child Registration Form
- Legally your child may not begin attending school until these items have been provided.
Please contact our Registrar, Theresa Schlenz, with any questions related to forms and paperwork: firstname.lastname@example.org.